Sunday, May 5, 2013


One of Sister Poulson’s ongoing jobs is to “bring all safety items up to date”.  One of the things that includes is checking every single building the Church owns here in our area (there are over 100).  Just one of the things I’m checking is the location and labeling of emergency shut off valves for things like water, electricity, natural gas, oil (yes we have some boilers here), and propane.  Most of the time I get Elder Poulson to go with me or I tag along with him as he’s assigned to work at a building that I also need to survey.  Here is Elder Poulson in the basement of the John Young home:



He is standing near our “modern” equipment which was not in the basement when John Young and his son, Brigham Young, built this home.  This is owned by the church and used to house senior missionaries who are serving in the Rochester, NY Mission Office.  There are actually two homes across the small street from each other. 

This is a picture of rough- hewn lumber in the basement.  It’s been there a very long time.  Half of the basement is a dirt floor probably used as a root cellar.  It is an experience to walk, crawl and move about these old, old places where prophets worked and walked.  Doing this assignment has taken me to places I’ve never even dreamed about. 


No comments:

Post a Comment